- Crystal Size: Diameter 7 mm x 1 mm
- Polishing: Double sides polished
- Diameter Tolerance: ±0.1 mm
- Thickness Tolerance: ±0.02 mm
- Relatively high light output
- High shock resistance
- Detects Gamma-rays up to several hundred keV
- Useful in health physics applications
- Useful in vacuum applications
- Health Physics
- Radioactivity medical science diagnoses
CaF2(Eu) Scintillation Crystal Description
Calcium fluoride activated by Europium (CaF2:Eu) is a transparent material used for detecting gamma rays up to several hundred keV and for detecting charged particles. Because of the low atomic number, the material’s photofraction is relatively small which prohibits the use in gamma ray spectrometry at higher energies. However, the low atomic number makes CaF2(Eu) an ideal material for the detection of beta particles because of the small amount of backscattering. Due to its refractive index of 1.47, which is close to that of most PMT windows and optical coupling compounds, a high light collection efficiency can be obtained. Furthermore, the emission maximum at 435nm is well matched to bialkali photocathode photomultiplier tubes.
For more information please visit https://www.ost-photonics.com/products/scintillation-crystal/scintillation-crystal-material/caf2eu/. If there are any further questions or comments, please contact our sales: firstname.lastname@example.org.